Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Daddy Doody - Call It The Final Exam

S returns to work this week – refreshed from 8 weeks of maternity leave. We are very excited for her and wish her well, especially since she is also diving head first into a new assignment at her company.

Enter the challenge – Daycare does not begin for our little bundle (now in the double digits for weeks of age) for 2 more weeks. To bridge the gap we decided to take vacation days in rotation and stay home with E. I was voted to take the first shift, a 3-day stretch, currently underway. Yesterday was the first day with E all by my lonesome.

So, let’s recap: I have had ten and a half weeks to study and learn and now I’m knee deep, okay ankle deep, in a 3-day practical!? That is why it feels like the Final Exam. Here’s hoping I can earn extra credit, or at least ride the curve!

Now don’t get me wrong, I love our daughter dearly. The challenge is this; typically when I’m watching her and “lose control”, mom has always been around to have my back. I was a little nervous to have her all to myself, but we made it through the first day just fine. Consider this good daddy daughter bonding time!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Oh, give yourself some real credit! You made it through exceptionally well. You even scheduled daily stroller time for her!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails