Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Mid-Week Treat

That's right, a nice treat was waiting for me when I arrived at home today. S had picked E up from school (how we refer to day care) and we met at home about the same time. S said "quick, come here, we have a surprise for you". Well, the surprise was something we've both been waiting for and working on for a little while now - E has perfected her crawling! She's been crawling for awhile, and although she can get about rather expeditiously, it has resembled more of a wounded army man crawl. We've been hoping for the typical toddler-style crawl. Now it looks refined. Head up. Arms out. Knees underneath. And off she went! Like I said, what a treat!

Another tooth is coming in now, her third! Although we can't see anything yet, we just know because she has all of her usual teething symptoms. She gets this rough cough each time her teeth are coming in - well she did for her first two anyway and she's got it again this week. She keeps rubbing her tongue up on her upper gum, where there aren't any teeth yet. She is a bit drooly which isn't very common for her. Of course, she is chewing on everything and her usual, healthy appetite is affected as well. Now you KNOW something is wrong when Ellena doesn't want to eat!

It has been raining here all day with temps in the 50's, also a real treat. I actually had one of my windows cracked on my morning commute. I am always amazed at how acclimated we become to the changing climate here. At 50 degrees, I usually don't even bother to button my jacket!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails