Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Spotted: Pee-Wee Herman meets Evel Knievel

Found chained to a lamppost in a parking lot near our home was this rare sight; a beach cruiser that had been stylishly modified with a gasoline engine.

I am not sure what the attraction was, but I simply could not take my eyes off it.

Was it the streamlined design? Was it the way the simple colors in the scheme blended and complimented into a stylish mix of silver, white, black, and chrome? Was it the breathtaking details, like the black fuel tank or south-pointing polished exhaust? I wasn’t sure, but my feet were planted solid.

While staring I was startled by the owner who had snuck up on me quietly. I asked if I could take a picture. He said yes and I found out the following two facts:

- He had not performed the installation himself, but had recently purchased the bike (moped? scooter? whatever)

- The engine size was a whopping 80cc’s

Now, if only there was a beach near here that needed cruising at a steady rate, and…(sigh) if I could pass this off at home as something I needed…

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails