Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mid-Week Question: What Traditions Does Your Family Keep?

Over the weekend we were discussing family traditions with friends of ours. It seems that everyone I've ever known has a tradition of some sort, whether it's related to the holiday season or centered around a birthday or celebration.

These particular friends, who have been blessed with a beautiful 15 month old girl, have decided to to create a brand new tradition within their family in which they will take her picture in her mother's wedding dress each year. Having observed results from the first year photo shoot, I happen to think this is a fantastic idea.

Being a parent, it feels as though I think about these types of things a lot more than I used to. I am interested in passing something down to my children while also capturing and documenting their growth.

Today’s question is this: What family traditions do you remember from growing up and/or what traditions do you plan on either starting or passing down to your offspring?

Alternative question for readers without traditions: When does the Summer season feel like it has completely transitioned into Fall?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is our tradition (me and my husband) that summer doesn't officially start each year until we buy a new pair of sandals (or flipflops)

Sheri said...

My husband and I create our list of New Year's Resolutions each year on January 2nd at Champs - husband, wife, and couple goals. Now we need to add kid goals too!!

Sheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

To get in the Christmas spirit each year, I watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails