Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Good Kind of Waiting


E and I have really been enjoying our time together lately and I truly feel blessed to be doing the Lord's work. A friend and mother of one (soon two!) stretched our thinking last year at a small group encounter by describing that when the housework and baby work became a bit overwhelming, she would try to remember that everything she was doing was both for her and the baby (and her husband) but it was also for the Lord. Clearly this made an impact on me because not only do I remember the conversation, but I feel this way today, not to mention I am sharing and passing it on here with you. I mean, when you stop and think about it, it makes real sense, doesn't it?


We are in a period of "waiting" right now. Anyone who has been "waiting" before knows what I mean and can relate to the process. The most peculiar part of waiting this time is the sense of peace. Although this is not solely about me, I happen to find myself very restful with where I am today. This just goes to backup the ideology that we are all exactly where we are supposed to be. At times like these, there is something very comforting about a growing faith. We really do live with hope, and it has opened our perspectives.

1 comment:

About Barb said...

Amen. We agree wholeheartedly. Lots have happened in the past few days (and we are still awaiting word on something else). Peace amidst the unknown is true evidence of God's presence and love for us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails