Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Summer Obsession: Wipeout!


I wholeheartedly believe that everyone deserves to have a Summer Obsession, you know, something they can completely submerse themselves in, head over heels, for a short-lived sun-fueled love affair. For 2009, mine is the television show Wipeout.

If you haven't seen this show, I highly recommend checking it out. It has everything you could ever want in a show! Giant obstacle course? Check. Water? Check. Mud? Check? Fire? Check. Foam-covered, colorfully padded surfaces? Check. Enormous red balls? Check. Sometimes out-of-shape contestants that have no business near a giant obstacle course? Check. Humor? Check. Oh and let's not forget the actual wipeouts! Face plants. Check. Gravity-defying feats? Of course! Back-bending spills? You betcha!

Every Wednesday, I find myself counting down the hours until Wipeout is on the air! I can't quite explain it, but I have such a deep pull to this show. An attraction SO great in fact, that after it aired last night I consciously awoke to find myself submitting my online application!

I would love to challenge the water luge, the wall of fists and, or course the sweeper arm in the final Wipeout Zone!

Cross your fingers!

Q: What is YOUR Summer Obsession? It can be anything that has crept into your veins this Summer! Share it with us!


1 comment:

shanna said...

We have been sucked into watching this show many times this summer also. It does provide some comic relief. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails