Friday, October 3, 2008

A Leafy Family Promise

Yahoo - Fall is here! The sun is shining and the high is supposed to be 53 today! What a great time of year this is, especially if you can take the time and go on a leaf sightseeing tour! Every year I say that I will plan a trip for us and every year I find myself remembering that promise when the leaves begin to change. Oops.

Well, this is it! I am putting my foot down (not too hard - the baby is asleep!). I am planning a tour for us next year! Mark the calendar and save this post, because next year I am taking the family out on a weekend getaway. Now, mind you, with a baby on board it may not be the original all-weekend-long-drive-the-perimeter-of-our-state kind of trip, but even an afternoon out would be nice, right!

I feel great today, which is very ironic because I am fighting a cold and stayed home from work today. I'm running the gamut, fever, headache, stuffy head, hotheadedness, congestion, but feeling great! On the inside that is.

Here's what drives me to feel positicve and heal: I just feel like we have so much to be thankful for. My thank you prayers to God could fill an entire day! (They usually fill an entire commute to work in the morning!) I look at my wife and daughter and just feel a sense of calm and mixed wonder. I truly am the luckiest husband around. These are some of the the things that give me hope today. Hope that tomorrow will bring us a renewed faith and hope that we will enjoy today, while its here!

1 comment:

Jen Mcquade said...

we are going with you on your Leafy tour!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails