Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Work Called: They Want You To Stay Home Today!


Yesterday was the first day of a 2 week mandatory shutdown instituted by my company, in an effort to ultimately save some cash. When the news was first distributed in the office, there were many mixed emotions about the "forced" time off, but not from this mouth. From the moment I first heard the rumors, I immediately tingled with joy! The opportunity to spend 2 weeks with my girls was a gift from God! With S already on maternity leave and a newborn at home (okay - 3 weeks, 5 days to be exact!), what wasn't to like? Work can wait!

We've kept the expectation list of tasks and projects we wish to accomplish over the shutdown reasonably short. The first order of business - hold our daughter! It is indescribably enjoyable to wake up to Ellena and be able to hold her and walk with her around the house. Yesterday, I as able to coax her into a multi-hour nap in her new sling that I believe she truly enjoyed. I just relish being close to her and being able to take this time instead of what has typically been "okay, I'm off to work so call me if you need anything honey!"

My goals over the shutdown? Simple - capture these precious times and do what the sign says; Slow Down!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails